TASCAM's HS-8 is the first solution for professional multi-channel recording and playback using solid-state media. From studio surround recording to post production playback of HS-P82 location recordings, the HS-8 fits a variety of multi-channel roles. Also true to TASCAM tradition, audio is top-quality throughout with up to 192kHz/24-bit recording.
Like the HS-P82, the HS-8 uses a color touch-screen interface to access settings and tracks. A mixer is built-in for monitoring, and the stereo mix can be recorded live as a separate track. Audio is recorded as Broadcast WAV files to Compact Flash media, with SMPTE timecode available on various interfaces.
The RC-HS20PD remote control enables the HS-8 to instantly start playback of up to 100 takes (flash-start) directly, or by using the fader start/stop option. The built-in TFT color touch screen can be used for the same operations as the display on the connected HS-8. The RC-HS20PD is connected to the HS-8 with a CAT6 cable, enabling control of the HS-8 from up to 10m away (5m cable d with product).
TASCAM's HS-8 is very versatile, with the instant access, ease-of-use, and sound quality studio and post professionals demand.
- 8-channel solid-state audio recorder*
- Records to Compact Flash media
- 8-channel 96kHz/24-bit broadcast WAV file recording
- 4-channel recording at 192kHz/24-bit resolution
- 8-channel recording plus stereo mix track at 44.1/48k resolution
- Internal stereo mixer (level/pan)
- BWF file format with iXML metadata
- Multi-channel flash start
- Color TFT touch panel interface
- 5-second pre-record buffer
- (8) balanced analog inputs on 25-pin D-sub connector
- (8) balanced analog outputs on 25-pin D-sub connector
- XLR stereo analog input and output for channels 1 and 2
- (8) AES/EBU digital I/O on 25-pin D-sub connector
- XLR stereo AES/EBU I/O for channels 1 and 2
- 8-channel ADAT optical digital in and out
- Video/word clock BNC input
- Word clock BNC out/thru
- SMPTE timecode BNC in/out
- PS/2 keyboard input
- RS-422/RS-232C serial control input
- Parallel control port
- RJ-45 LAN control (10/100/1000) on locking connector
- RC-HS20PD Remote input
- USB 2.0 host connector for transfer to flash memory drive (to be implemented in a future update)
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
* Multi-channel record & playback only - no overdubbing capability